Chili doesn’t have to contain meat in order to stick to your ribs. This amazing Vegetarian Chili is very hearty and even though there’s no meat, you’ll never miss it.
Home Sous Vide Appliance
The NEW SousVide Supreme! Perfectly cooked meat and vegetables, every time.
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large Haas avocado
- shredded cheese and sour cream to taste
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, chili powder and salt in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 mins. Remove from microwave and let stand.
- Seed, dice yellow squash and zucchini. Put in a large bowl.
- Dice onion and bell peppers (use a variety of colors to not only get a great flavor, but a colorful dish) and add to a separate bowl.
- Seed and dice large poblano pepper and add to the bowl with bell peppers.
- Place squash and oil in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Form a well in the center of the skillet and add onion and let tenderize for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- After onions are tender, mix the squash and onion and then form another well.
- Add your pepper mixture. Let it cook for another 5 minutes. The mix it up.
- Again, form another well in the center of your pan.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste. Let it caramelize on the heat, then mix it up in the vegetable mixture.
- Add black beans, kidney beans, chili beans and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Add your tomato/garlic mixture that you heated in the microwave in the beginning.
- Mix and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes to meld flavors.
- Top with diced avocado, sour cream, fresh cilantro, sharp cheddar cheese or whatever makes you happy!
- Serve with cornbread!
This recipe is even better the next day and you can freeze it for future meals!