If you’re like most people, your days are hectic and the last thing you want to think about is, “what do I fix for dinner”. Working part time, having two young children and a husband who works both in and out of the house, I know exactly how you feel. I figured out this simple and tasty recipe one evening when I literally couldn’t think of ANYTHING to fix for dinner.
In under 30 minutes, you can make these wonderful Chicken and Rice Mexican Burritos. The beauty with this dish is that you can add or take away any ingredient that suits you. If your family is anything like mine, this simple home made meal will have them coming back for more.
- 1 Pkg Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 Bell Pepper (any color)
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (any flavor)
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Dried Minced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Salsa (strength to you taste)
- 2 Packages of Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice
- Set Boil-in-Bag rice in pan of water. Bring to a boil
- Lightly oil frying pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Heat skillet to medium high
- Cut Chicken Breast Tenderloins in to 1 inch cubes
- Cook tenderloins until golden brown
- Cut Bell Pepper in to bite-sized pieces
- Add Bell Peppers to Tenderloins and lightly cook. (still want that crunch)
- Add black beans to skillet
- Add salsa to skillet
- Add chili powder, minced onions, and paprika to skillet
- Stir. Mixing all ingredients well.
- Add rice and mix till rice is well coated
- Let simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Warm tortillas in microwave on in separate skillet on stove, or in oven
- Load your tortilla with the chicken and rice mixture
- Add cheese and other toppings to your liking
- Eat till your stuffed!