- 1 Medium Turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Rub turkey with of the olive oil and season hens with salt and pepper
- Place lemon halves and a few sprigs rosemary inside turkey cavity
- Place in a large, roasting pan, and place garlic cloves around the base of the turkey
- Roast in oven for 25-30 mins
- After 25 mins:
- In a mixing bowl, mix wine, chicken broth, and 2 tablespoons of oil; then pour over hens.
- Continue roasting for 20-25 minutes, or until turkey is golden brown. Juices should run clear.
- Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Pour any cavity juices into roasting pan.
- Pour juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan
- Boil and reduce to a sauce consistency,
- Cut hens in half along breastbone and arrange on plates.
- Pour garlic sauce around hens.
- Use extra rosemary sprigs to garnish