Party’s abound! But what do you take? How about…. Cashew Brittle!!! In today’s show, Kat Curlee shows you how to make a simple and easy Cashew Brittle that’s perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any holiday party. And you get to use your microwave….
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup (like Karo)
- 1 cup nuts (peanut, cashew or whatever makes you yearn)
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. soda
Microwave oven setting = High (100% power)
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish.
- Stir unti it’s all blended well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes uncovered,
- stir good,
- Microwave for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in nuts
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is light brown.
- Stir in butter and vanilla (blend well)
- Microwave 1-3 minutes longer (don’t burn)
- NOTE: This sugar mixture will be VERY hot be careful.
- Add baking soda, stirring until frothy (approx 1 minute).
- Pour / turn mixture onto greased baking sheet.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Break it up and eat!
Makes about 1 pound. Keek in air-tight container or plastic bag.