Bacon, bacon, bacon! The country is crazy for bacon now-a-days. Cali Lewis and I are no exception. In this, the first episode of our “Wild About Bacon” series. Cali and I bake up a batch of Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies that may sound odd, but are unbelievably good. And boy are they rich!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract or almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 lbs bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked in whole strips
Maple Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a Mixing bowl, mix butter, sugars, extracts and eggs. Mix till creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients in a 2nd large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix.
- Mix in chocolate chips and bacon pieces
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (30 mins in freezer works too)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place dough balls (approx 1 – 1.5 inche) on un-greased cookie sheet approx 1.5 – 2 inches apart
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown
- Allow to cool before serving
- Mix together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon maple extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon cinnamon with enough water to make a thick glaze, (approx 3 tablespoons).
- Mix all ingredients together till creamy. A whisk will help.
- Spread glaze on cookie and place a little piece of the cooked bacon.
- Take a taste
- Notice that it’s good
- Come to the realization that this cookie, while rich, is so freaking good that you want to make it for all your friends
- Become popular chiefly due to your cool bacon cookie recipe
- Tell everyone you know to watch Cooking With Kat.
- Become even more popluar
Original recipe courtesy: RecipeZaar.com