Whether your making a loaf for a friend, for a small dinner party, or just simply indulging in your guilty pleasure, this bread recipe will warm your heart.
One thing to note when making bread is to incorporate (mix) the ingredients by hand but don’t over mix or knead too much. You want to leave the air inside so the bread isn’t too dense.
We got this recipe from a close friend of ours (Thanks Kendra!)
- 1 (12 fl oz) can or bottle of beer (Shiner Bock is our favorite!)
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- In a large bowl mix the sugar and the flour together.
- Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. The batter will be sticky.
- Pour into a 9 x 5 in. greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy.
- Serve and enjoy (we like it with butter or cheese spread)