If your looking for the perfect bruschetta recipe, we’ve got it!
Appetizers are my favorite part of the meal. I love standing around, gabbing and noshing at a dinner party, a baguette in one hand, something liquid in the other…
There’s just something heart warming about a hot, cheesy bruschetta dip. Our friends over at The Pampered Chef have come up with a simple, yet hearty Hot and Cheesy Bruschetta that will leave you weak in the knees.
We found that this bruschetta works great on a baguette but can also be used as a straight dip with pita chips, corn chips, crackers or anything you can think of to plunge in there. This is by far, one of our favorite appetizers.
Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip
Cook – 16-18 min
- 8 oz Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- Toasted Baguette Slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Grate mozzarella (Coarse)
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning mix, garlic (pressed or minced), and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in mozzarella
- Coarsely chop grape tomatoes in food processor, add them to the cheese mixture and stir in gently.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into a large microwave safe bowl and microwave it, uncovered, on high 1-2 min, or just until cheese starts to melt, stir halfway through cooking. Pour into a baking safe dish.
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured cutting board and lightly roll the seams.
- Cut the pastry sheet to fit the bowl you want to bake in. Use extra pastry to make shapes to put on top of the pastry circle.
- Place cut pastry sheet over dip, lightly brush it with some of the egg and top it with your shapes (if desired), brush shapes as well.
- Bake, uncovered, 16-18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove dish from oven.
- Serve with Toasted Baguette Slices, veggies, or crackers.