Submitted by: Dave Curlee
Ok, so most people know that I don’t really like “Italian” food. Actually, it’s the heavy tomato sauce that I don’t like. I do like “Italian grill” style food. The other night, I got a bur under my saddle and decided to get creative and make a little pizza. Try it! It’s easy and awesome!
- 1 Large flour tortilla
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce. (your favorite will be just great!)
- 1 jar of Pesto. (Again, your favorite or home-made will be perfect)
- 1 can of Tyson chicken breast. (I did this for speed, otherwise, 1 boiled or grilled chicken breast)
- Fresh baby leaf spinach
- Mozzarella cheese
- Other cheeses to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- If you have a cooking stone, place it in oven so-as to heat it up.
- Apply a thin layer of alfredo sauce to the tortilla
- Crumble / tear chicken and sprinkle on sauce
- Drop / sprinkle pesto around pizza. (I like to put little glops all around so every few bites are loaded)
- Cut up the spinach and pile on pizza
- Sprinkle liberal amounts of Mozzarella and other cheeses. (This is to taste)
- Cook on cooking stone or cookie sheet
No real time requirement for cooking. I prefer for the cheese to melt completely, maybe even brown a little. I also like the tortilla to crisp up nicely.